- Date implemented : 2020.02.11
- Last updated date : 2023.01.13
- 1. Collection of Personal Information; Purposes of Collection; Items to Be Collected; and Methods of Collection
- 2. Disclosure and Sharing of Collected Personal Information
- 3. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
- 5. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
- 6. Rights and Obligations of Users and Exercise of Rights
- 7. Measures for Security of Personal Information
- 8. Gathering of Opinions and Handling of Complaints
- 9. Privacy Officer
- 10. Privacy Protection for Children under the Age of 14
- 11. Transmission of Advertising Messages
- 12. Linked Sites
1. Collection of Personal Information; Purposes of Collection; Items to Be Collected; and Methods of Collection
A. When you attempt to sign up for a Hotel Shilla membership, we collect your personal information as may be required to identify you and provide e-commerce services. The personal information to be collected by the Company is as follows:
|Full name, username, password, date of birth, e-mail address, contact number, mailing address and billing information||To confirm your identity, provide membership services, take reservations and deliver the hotel’s gifts.||Until withdrawal from membership or delivery; or for five (5) years after room stay|
B. When you sign up for a Hotel Shilla membership, we selectively collect the following personal information from you:
|Full name, e-mail address, contact number and anniversaries||To provide benefits for anniversaries, promote products and services; and investigate customer satisfaction.||Until withdrawal from membership or for five (5) years after room stay|
C. When you are using online membership services, we may collect such information as your IP address, service-use history and billing information (i.e., credit card number, bank account number, gift card number, mobile-service payment authorization code, etc.), only for the purposes of making such services available and/or verifying your financial transactions.
D. We collect your personal information from your application for membership on our website and by means of written notices, facsimile or phone communications, online message boards, promotional events and/or other approaches for collection of created information.
2. Disclosure and Sharing of Collected Personal Information
A. We will not use or disclose to any third party any of your personal information, without your consent or except as required by law, for purposes other than those intended hereunder and specified herein.
B. If any business relations are formed through the services we provide, relevant information will be disclosed to the parties in question to the extent necessary for the conduct of transactions, subject to members' consent.
|Disclosed to(Name of Recipient)||Purpose of Use by Recipient||Items of Information for Disclosure||Period of Retention/Use|
|Shilla HM Co.,Ltd.||To provide integrated reservation services and related convenience.||Name, date of birth, email address, phone number, length of stay (arrival and departure dates), payment method, passport number, and preferences||5 years after last stay|
|Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd.||To handle and/or identify flight reservations.||Name, contact number, email address, credit card information (card number, expiration date, first two digits of the password)
※ Card information is collected and disclosed upon ticketing request.
|Untile the purpose of use is achieved|
|Asiana Airlines Inc.|
|Jeju Rent Car||To handle and/or identify car rental reservations.||Name and contact number||5 years after contract date|
C. In the event that the rights and obligations of a service provider is fully assigned or transferred as a result of sale, merger or acquisition, we will ensure that we inform you in advance of details of the reasons and procedures for such assignment or transfer and that you have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information.
D. Where your personal information is to be disclosed or shared, we will seek your consent in advance by notifying you by email or otherwise in writing of what items of such information will be disclosed or shared, whom the information will be disclosed to or shared with, why it should be disclosed or shared, and how and how long it will be protected and managed. The same procedures will apply in case the information recipient is changed.
E. Your personal information may be disclosed without your consent in accordance with applicable provisions of relevant laws:
- - when needed to perform a contract relating to the provision of services;
- - when duly and reasonably requested by an investigation authority for investigation purposes; or
- - when made available in unidentifiable form for the compilation of statistics or for academic or market research purposes.
F. Personal information collected internationally is handled as follows:
Hotel Shilla has entrusted Shilla Rewards use. Personal infromation is protected by all means and is under the strict supervision of Hotel Shilla.
|Entrusted Company||SHILLA MONOGRAM QUANGNAM DANANG(QUEVIET - QUANGNAM COMPANY LIMITED)|
|Location of Entrusted Company||Lac Long Quan, Dien Ngoc, Dien Ban District, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam|
|Date/Method of Entrustment||Info will be transferred via network the next day of account creation|
|Chief Privacy Officer Contact Informationemail@example.com|
|Collected Info for entrustment||Name, DOB, Gender, E-mail, Phone No., Purchase history, Duration of stay, Shilla Rewards ID|
|Entrusted Tasks||Shilla Rewards Service|
|Personal Information Retention and Use Period||Until Account Termination|
3. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
A. The Company, for the provision of its services, has outsourced the handling of personal information on a contract basis as follows:
|Contractor (Outsourced to)||Outsourced Service|
|Samsung SDS||Operation and maintenance of the computer system|
|S-Tec||Operation of CCTV systems|
|Hana DM||Product promotion and publicity; and direct mailing|
|Living Room||Delivery of flower products|
|LK GLS||Services related to the delivery of orders|
|Yesong||Counseling to Shilla S members|
|Shilla HM Co.,Ltd.
(Dongtan, Jeju, Mapo, Gwanghwamun and Seocho)
|Integrated reservation services and other activities for registration/unregistration of Shilla Rewards members, awarding and redemption of Shilla Rewards points and customer response|
|Shilla Monogram Quangnam Danang|
4. Collection of personal information using cookies
You have the option to accept or decline the installation of cookies and may set your web browser to accept all cookies, alert you whenever a cookie is stored, or disable or block the storage of cookies. Disabling or blocking the storage of cookies may limit your access to services requiring you to log in.
5. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
A. The Company will retain your personal information until the purposes of collection or disclosure of such information are accomplished and will destroy your personal information immediately when such purposes are accomplished or upon the expiration of a retention period permitted by your consent. The times when we are required to destroy your personal information are as follows:
- - Your membership information is destroyed when you withdraw or are dismissed from Hotel Shilla membership.
- - Your delivery information is destroyed when a product or service has been delivered or provided.
- - Your information collected for a survey or promotional event is destroyed upon when such survey or event is over.
- - The information used to identify you is destroyed when your identity has been verified.
B. Your personal information will be destroyed by the following procedures and methods:
- - Paper-printed information is destroyed with a paper shredder or through a shredding service provider.
- - Electronically stored information is permanently deleted in a technically irretrievable manner.
6. Rights and Obligations of Users and Exercise of Rights
A. You have the right at any time to view, correct or delete your registered personal information, have it corrected or deleted, have its processing suspended or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure thereof, directly on the Membership Information page of our website or by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing, by telephone (at 02-2233-3131) or by email, in which case we will respond forthwith after identity verification.
B. If you request that we correct an error in your registered personal information, such information will not be employed or disclosed until such correction is made accordingly. Where any incorrect part of your personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will have it corrected by giving immediate notice to such third party.
7. Measures for Security of Personal Information
A. In handling your personal information, we use our best efforts to prevent such information from being lost, stolen, leaked, falsified or damaged by taking the following technical, administrative and physical measures for security assurance:
- Minimum number of information workers and training
Personal information is made accessible to the smallest possible number of people and regular training is provided to such people.
- Regular in-house audits
In-house internal audits are conducted on a regular basis for the security of personal information.
- Internal management plan
An internal management plan is developed and implemented for safe handling of personal information.
- Encryption of personal information
Your personal information is password-protected and stored and managed in encrypted form. All data is encrypted for transmission and other important data is protected by separate security features.
- Technical measures against hacking
Personal information is protected by security software for the prevention of leakage, damage or tampering due to hacking or computer virus infection, and the software is periodically updated and tested. All systems are installed in access-controlled areas and technically and physically monitor and block access from outside.
- Limited access to personal information
We take necessary measures to control access to personal information by means of granting, modifying or canceling access to database systems that handle personal information, and a firewall system is employed to control unauthorized access from outside.
- Storage of access logs and prevention of data forging or tampering
We store and maintain a history of your access to our personal information processing system and use security features for your access log data not to be forged, tampered with, damaged, stolen or lost.
- Use of locks for document security
Documents and auxiliary storage media containing personal data are kept in safe, locked places.
- Prevention of unauthorized access
We have set up a separate physical location where personal information is stored and have established and implemented procedures for the control of access to the storage location.
8. Gathering of Opinions and Handling of Complaints
A. We value your opinion and feedback, and you are always entitled to have your questions answered in a serious fashion. We have set up a customer service hotline to effectively communicate with our customers.
- [Customer Service Center] Contact number : +82-2-2230-3131
B. The customer service hotline is available from 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. All inquires by email, fax or mail will receive courteous responses within 24 hours after receipt thereof. However, if received after normal office hours or during weekends and holidays, such inquires will be answered on the following business day.
C. If you want to report a breach of your privacy or seek advice thereon, please contact:
- - The Privacy Complaint Center (via privacy.kisa.or.kr or at 118);
- - The Supreme Prosecutors' Office High-tech and Financial Crimes Investigation Division (via www.spo.go.kr or at 1301); or
- - The National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (via www.police.go.kr or at 182)
9. Privacy Officer
The Company has appointed the following departments and persons to be responsible for protecting its customers’privacy and personal information and for gathering their opinions and handling their complaints:
|Appointed as:||Chief Privacy Officer (CPO)||Personal Informationi Handler|
|Name||Lee, JaeWon||Gwon, Hyeongyu|
|Department||Information Security Team||Hotel & Leisure HR Group|
10. Privacy Protection for Children under the Age of 14
The Company does not collect any personal information of our member customers' children under the age of 14 in compliance with the Juvenile Protection Act. If we need to collect personal information of the minors under the age of 14 with respect to our hotel business, we will get consent from their legal representatives or guardians.
11. Transmission of Advertising Messages
A. We do not send you any advertising messages for commercial purposes so long as your unsubscription request is expressly given.
B. If we send any advertising message by email or otherwise for online marketing purposes such as presenting product information, we will ensure that in a plain and legible manner:
- - The email's subject line communicates what the email is about, although it may not indicate “Advertisement”; and
- - The body text contains the sender’s name, email address, phone number and mailing address, as well as instructions on how to unsubscribe, so that the recipient can readily unsubscribe from further advertisements.
C. Likewise, if we send you an advertising message for commercial purposes by fax or mobile text message or via non-email means, we will ensure that the sender’s name is indicated in such message, even if you have agreed to the receipt of advertising messages.
12. Linked Sites
A. We may provide you with links to websites or materials of other companies, in which case we assume no responsibility for and make no guarantee as to the usefulness of such websites and materials over which we have no control.
A. We value the comments, suggestions, opinions, statements and other content posted by our customers (collectively “posts”) and use our best efforts to protect such posts from being tampered with, damaged or deleted. Notwithstanding, this does not apply to the following:
- - Spam-like messages (e.g., chain letters and advertisements);
- - Posts that defame others by disseminating false information to slander them maliciously; and
- - Posts that reveal the identity of other users without their consent, infringe on third parties’ copyrights or other rights or are irrelevant to the themes of the bulletin board.
- - If a post is found to reveal the identity of other users, the Company may delete or correct part of such post in order to maintain and promote a healthy online community culture.
- - If the content of a post is deemed movable to another section, the Company will provide a path in such posts to avoid misunderstanding or confusion.
- - The Company may delete other posts deemed malicious or improper after giving express or individual warnings.
B. Essentially, you have rights to your posts and are responsible for them. It is difficult to protect information you disclose voluntarily via a post, so we recommend that you give careful consideration before such disclosure.
- - Enforcement Date: 11 February, 2020
- - Amended date : 2 March, 2020
- - Amended date : 25 February, 2022
- - Amended date : 13 January, 2023